Welcome to my blog

I want to make sure that this blog is the best place to learn all your favorite video game music. If you enjoy the content on this blog please Link and Digg this blog.

Blog stats: 3,821 unique visitors since April 1, 2008.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Playing the piano by ear

It took me a while to learn how to play the piano by ear. But once I learned it was really cool because all of the sudden I can learn to play stuff without using sheet music (including the Halo theme from E3). You may have noticed that half the comments posted on my youtube video are different variations of "plz plz e-mail the sheet music to me" lol.

I learned to play by ear the hard way, through trial and error. This took a couple of years to develop, the more I practiced the better I got. I would listen to a song and then encode on to FL studio, just for fun, but it helped my hone my listening skills (this helped me with my remixes too). If you are interested in learning to play by ear then this a good way to start. You can download a trial version of FL Studio and mess around with it, it's really fun program to use.